The first place of anabaptists in Moravia became in 1526 Mikulov, where they found a protector in the form of landlord Liechtenstein. Among the important courts of this period belonged Slavkov near Brna and Hustupoče, where Jakub Hutter visited.
According to the resolution of the Znojmo Provincial Assembly, the anabaptists had to leave the country by 24 April 1535. The expulsion was rather a matter of a few months, because already in 1537 they are renewing their dwellings. Ferdinand I. after repeated proposals succeeded in 1546 to enforce the expulsion of anabaptists from Moravia. Neither was this law strictly adhered to. The unresolved position of the anabaptists was resolved in 1570. The brothers agreed to a compromise proposal of the Moravian nobility, which guaranteed them to stay in Moravia if they would pay taxes like the rest of the population.
Until 1622, when they had to leave Moravia after the defeat of the Moravian uprising, it was a time of stability and prosperity for the anabaptists. In their chronicles it is referred to as the Golden Age. In South Moravia they lived in approximately 50 localities with an estimated number of 15 to 20 thousand people. The seat of Vorsther (bishop) and leadership was the anabaptists court of Nový Mlýny (today part of the village of Přítluky, Břeclav district).
Even before the arrival of groups of anabaptists from Moravia, individuals worked in Slovakia as missionaries. In western Slovakia, there were several anabaptists missionaries from Moravia, who in 1536 managed to attract about 60 people to Moravia.
Establishment of anabaptists communities in Slovakia was related to their expulsion from Moravia in 1545. The first place where they settled – before 1546 – was the town of Sobotište, which was part of the Branč estate. The owner of the estate was František Nári (+1551), who, as the owner of the Bzenec estate, knew the anabaptists from Moravia as excellent craftsmen and therefore offered them a place to found a village. Another expelled Moravian anabaptists were received by Peter Bakič at the Holíč-Šaštín estate. In 1549 they were expelled from Hungary. After a few years they returned to some or founded new ones. After 1622, further fraternal courts were established as a result of the expulsion of the anabaptists from Moravia. Most of them, however, disappeared due to the chaotic conditions that caused the rebellion and riot. Since the 1830s, the ongoing re-Catholization of the anabaptists, along with gradual Slovakization and assimilation, accelerated the disintegration of their communities. Until World War II, the Habans of Sobotiště and Veľké Leváre , to a lesser extent in Moravský Sv. Ján.
Localities of anabaptists in Slovakia
Courts founded in the 16th. century and before the year 1622 vanished
Courts founded in 16th century existing after the year 1622
Veľké Leváre (1588)
Moravský Sv. Ján
Borský Sv. Jur
Courts founded after the year 1622
Other courts in Uhorsku
Blatný Potok (1645)